Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Teapot Display

P8180770

Sometimes I find myself longing for a wall of shelves or display cabinets to corral all these teapots.  They do take up a lot of space – now why couldn’t I be totally enamored with thimbles or matchbooks or coins and stamps.  Oh wait, I do have a stamp collection. 

P8130762

Although I can display a lot of teapots above my kitchen cabinets,  they are so out of reach its easy to neglect them (and boy, do they get dusty).  One of these days I’ll arrange them into pretty little groups and add some greenery and other accents.  Yes, I know they are not shown to their best advantage all lined up like rows of tin soldiers.

P8130763

Its just about time to weed them out again and make room for a couple of new additions.

P8130764

There are teapots in every room of my house.  Okay, maybe not the bathrooms.  Does anybody have some creative ideas for storing and displaying teapots – I’d love to hear them.

11 comments:

Snigdha said...

wow beautiful teapots....loved each and every one of them

Angela McRae said...

Alas, I have no hints on storing them, but I sure do enjoy *seeing* them!!!

Lisa said...

Wow, what a collection! I'll definitly be checking back for suggestions on this myself. I think I have about 15... they seem to multiply in the night.

TeaLady said...

You have some BEAUTIFUL tea pots. It is hard to display them. I have to rotate mine because I don't have room for all of them or the cups/saucers.

Thanks for coming by for a visit.

Natasha Burns said...

I love how you have those beautiful teapots displayed! I have a few shelves of jugs/pitchers all lined up too. I think what you've done works perfectly!

Steph said...

You have a very lovely collection! Such diversity!

Teresa's New Life said...

Oh, wow what a collection. I have some but not that many and BTW if that pretty pink goes a missin'............well don't come looking over here.
I keep mine all over the house, coffee tables, side boards, end tables, dressers, back porch tables, bookcases, and on a display shelf in the kitchen. I also will store them away and take them out on special occassions just to make it exciting to "rediscover" them. Such fun, HA!

Marilyn Miller said...

Your teapots are stored and displayed better than mine are. They do get out of hand, don't they? I once visited a tea friend that had them everywhere I looked, even in the bathroom. I thought, I must not be so bad after all.

I use a small teapot on my stove for olive oil in cooking. It is very handy.

Bernideen said...

You can put bowls upsidedown under them to elevate them- also my top gets so dusty - a lady told years ago to put wax paper down and then just redo it once in a while - it works great!

parTea lady said...

Marilyn, I like the idea of using a small teapot for olive oil by the stove.

Bernideen, using waxed paper to cover the shelf is a great idea - that should make shorter work of that cleaning chore. Thanks.

Fábio Carvalho said...

You could turn the teapots about 30 degrees to the same side, so you´ll make more room for more teapots. That´s what I do with mine.
You have such a GORGEOUS collection!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...