Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Simply Southern

Yesterday, I purchased the Southern Lady Simply Southern 2009 magazine.  It has been calling me from the mag racks for a while and I finally gave in to its lure.  I’m not disappointed – I find most Hoffman Media Publications have great photos and lovely ideas and recipes for entertaining.

P8120743 Here in GA it is still very much iced tea season.  This recipe for a Fruit-Tea Cooler looks quite refreshing.

P8120744 These Lemon Almond Cookies look pretty, sound yummy and easy to prepare for a tea break treat.

P8120745   Wouldn’t you love to have a collection of these pretty teacups?

P8120747 The Simply Spring tea is beautiful.

P8120748

Serving the decorated sugar cubes on their own little flower plates is so lovely.

P8120749

My very favorite flower is the calla lily so how could I resist these tea sandwiches.  I have seen these in the past and have wanted to try them and now I have the recipe.

P8120750

Don’t those Raspberry White Chocolate Tartlets on the tiered tray look scrumptious.

P8120751 

There are wonderful sections in this magazine for each season.  The Tricks and Treats section has some really cute Miss Muffet’s Cupcakes with orange and black cake sparkles and gorgeous web like wrappers from www.fancyflours.com, which btw is an awesome bakers site.  It is worth a peek at this issue next time you’re shopping for a new magazine.

4 comments:

Steph said...

Wow - it looks like a bountiful magazine!

Angela McRae said...

Thanks for the heads up, as this sounds like a special issue worth picking up. LOVE the calla lily sandwiches!

Snigdha said...

seems like an interesting magazine...and those teacups are lovely.

Marilyn Miller said...

Great pictures. I make a similar calla lily sandwich with orange marmalade mixed with the cream cheese, fold, and add a sliver of food dyed almond for the center. Very good.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...