Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Store Brand Tea

I’m a great bargain hunter, so today while making a quick trip to Target, I found this loose black tea on the clearance shelf.  Part of the allure was the $3.38 price tag, but I also liked that it is organic and contains Yunnan tea.

P8110753 

The sturdy metal tin is a great way to package the tea and I can remove the labels and use it to store other loose teas when the Golden Breakfast tea is gone.

P8110754

I found this tea to be full bodied, yet mellow with a hint of smokiness.

P8110758

Like the old adage about teaching an old dog new tricks, I still had to add a splash of milk.  One day I’ll find a black tea that will suit me, well black.

7 comments:

Teresa's New Life said...

I like this tea very much! I'll have to run over to Target this week to see if I can get the same good deal.

Angela McRae said...

Sounds like a great deal you found, and I like to re-use the tea tins myself!

Sonalida said...

I had this tea at a friend’s house few days ago; not knowing what the tea tastes like she added slices of ginger which gave the tea some interesting flavor, she also adds lemongrass at times. I thought you may want to try it.

parTea lady said...

Sonalida,
I like both ginger and lemongrass, so I might try adding it to my tea. Thanks.

Snigdha said...

loved your blog enjoyed reading thro it....Tea is a part of my life.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I like tea tins, they keep the loose tea much fresher.

You have a very nice tea blog!

Katherine

Prasukitchen.blogspot.com said...

beautiful clicks dear ...
Please stp by at my blog when u get a chance loved all ur pics

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...