Friday, August 14, 2009

How To Lessen Tea’s Caffeine

P8130754

About 80 percent of the caffeine in tea is released within half a minute of steeping.  So, if you steep for thirty seconds, then pour off the tea and re-steep the same leaves you’ll lesson the caffeine in your tea.  This is a handy trick for that late evening cuppa or for those who don’t care for the taste of decaf teabags.

This teapot was a birthday gift from a girlfriend a few years ago.  It is marked Victoriana and Made in England.  My collection includes several blue and white teapots.  I’m a big fan of blue and white china, especially paired with pale yellow.

 

3 comments:

Marilyn Miller said...

I think it is a great idea for lessening caffeine, but on Teamail many say it isn't true. So I haven't know whether it was or not.

Love the teapot.

Lisa said...

For late in the afternoon, when I am not wanting any extra boost of energy, I will be giving this trick a try!

Thanks for the info.

And I must say, all your teapots are so pretty! :)

Rhondi said...

Great teapot. I love blue and white and yellow also!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...