Monday, August 15, 2011

Royal Albert Regal Series teacup

P7223021

Royal Albert was founded in 1894 by Thomas Clark Wild and is well known for its fine quality bone china.  The Royal Albert Regal series was introduced in 1970.  

 P7222957

This series includes the black cup shown, as well as blue, hot pink, teal, yellow, green, forest green, purple and red.

P7222958

This teacup has a lovely gold cascade overlay that is quite striking on the black and white.

P7222960

Royal Albert china is now a part of WWRD (Waterford, Wedgwood & Royal Doulton).  There is a wonderful 100 Years of Royal Albert 10- piece teacup and saucer set here.

P7222961

P7222959

Please visit Terri and Martha  at their beautiful blogs for lots more Teacup Tuesday posts.

10 comments:

Marilyn Miller said...

The black and gold is beautiful and so rich looking. What a special cup and saucer.

Micupoftea said...

ooooooooooh, what an elegant set! Thanks for sharing this :)

Darlene - The Tea Enthusiast's Scrapbook said...

What a stunning cup! It's not easy to find a color combination like this with such elegant detail. Can't we all just picture ourselves wearing a little Jackie O black dress with pearls and sipping tea out of this classy cup! What style! :)

Thanks for sharing,

Darlene

Snap said...

Oh, my! This Royal Albert Regal series tea cup just knocks my socks off (if I had any on)!! Elegant and stunning! Happy Tea Day!

Suz said...

That is an incredibly elegant cup. I am so amazed at the beauty of teacups!!! Please come and visit my site if you have time. I am barely into this addiction!
Fondly,
Suz

Zaa said...

Gorgeous set .... I love all the delicate filigree design and of course the colors are fabulous...Thanks for sharing these beauties... Hugs

Terri said...

Oh yes, this is a gorgeous cup! So dramatic with the black, white and gold. I love the cup shape and the fillyness of it.
Thank you so much for sharing it.
Hugs,
Terri

Martha's Favorites said...

I love black tea cups. Yours is amazing. Thank you for sharing it with us and for the information. I did not know that. Have a great week. Blessings, Martha

Angela McRae said...

What a beautiful teacup! And I am very happy to have the name of the "cascade gold overlay," since I've often seen pieces with that design, just not as formal looking as on this teacup.

Anonymous said...

My spouse and I stumbled over here from a different website
and thought I might as well check things out. I like what I see so now i'm following you.

Look forward to checking out your web page yet again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...