Friday, August 12, 2011

Bewley’s Dublin Morning Tea

One of the places I visited in Canada was Port Perry.  My brother and I stopped there for lunch and a little shopping.  I discovered that BELT sandwiches are really good (bacon, egg, lettuce and tomato), especially when rolled up in a tortilla.

P7212938

P7212939

There didn’t seem to be any shops with English bone china teacups, but there was an interesting Tartan shop.  I learned that Rogers does not have it’s own tartan.

P8123114

My brother knows how much I enjoy trying different kinds of tea, so he bought me a box of Bewley’s Dublin Morning Tea at the Wee Tartan Shop.  Bewley’s was the first company to import tea directly to Ireland.  Samuel and Charles (his son) Bewley shipped 2,099 chests from the tea gardens of China.

P8123103

Bewley’s has been blending tea since 1840.  You can check out their website here.  I’ve always liked this type of robust black tea and I knew that I’d enjoy this blend of teas from Africa. 

P8123104

This is Ha’penny Bridge, Dublin.  I always think of this nursery rhyme when I see ha’penny (half a penny).

Christmas is coming, the geese are getting fat
Please put a penny in the old man's hat
If you haven't got a penny, a ha'penny will do
If you haven't got a ha'penny, then God bless you!

P8123107

You can take a virtual tour of Bewley’s Café, Grafton Street, Dublin at their website.

P8123109

This small mug seemed perfect for the Dublin Morning tea.

P8123108

It was either a yard sale or thrift shop find that I picked up a while ago.

P8123115

This tea bag holder (from Luke’s For Home) was added to my collection that day.  I liked the shape and the pure white color.

6 comments:

Bernideen said...

Oh what a fun and interesting post here! Lovely information!

Rizzi said...

WHAT A WONDERFUL TRIP, AND SO MUCH TO SEE. I LOVE THE HA PENNY POEM IT IS SO CUTE, AND LOVE THE MUG. THANK YOU FOR STOPPING BY MY BLOG AND LEAVING A NICE COMMENT. HAVE A NICE DAY. RIZZI

Barb's Tea Shop said...

I love Bewley's tea! My friend went to Ireland in March and visited the Bewley's store.She brought me back a tin of the very same - Dublin Morning tea and I was hooked! (the tin didn't last long in our house!) I contacted the co. & they told me they would be featured on QVC on St. Patricks Day - so I went home for lunch early to watch them. Didn't know much about them until then. Glad to hear you enjoyed it, too!

Marilyn Miller said...

Isn't it fun when you travel to search out tea things. How nice to have a brother that would buy tea for you. This does sound good.

Micupoftea said...

I LOVE your Celtic cup!! Perfect to drink Bewleys from, eh? Looks like you had a lovely time. The Tartan shop sounds so interesting~

Angela McRae said...

Port Perry looks like a beautiful place to visit! So glad you had a nice time and got to do some fun shopping too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...