Tuesday, June 1, 2010

National Iced Tea Month

June is National Iced Tea Month and here in Georgia, the temperature is right for enjoying a tall glass of iced tea.  Maybe a nice cold green tea, or fruit tea, or bubble tea or numerous other delicious choices.

P8190781

Looking at some vacation photos of World Golf Hall of Fame in St. Augustine, FL reminded me of a popular iced tea recipe.  Have you tried Arnold Palmer iced tea?  It is such a simple recipe – a half and half mix of lemonade and brewed tea served over ice.

Arnold Palmer bottled  tea

In some parts of the country, you can buy it bottled – and what a cute bottle it is with its signed golf ball design. 

Maybe today I’ll try this Watermelon Mint iced tea that my daughter gave me.  It has a black tea base with natural watermelon flavor and that appeals to me.  Check out all the other luscious flavors available at Republic of Tea.  They have the innovative 96 ounce “tea on tap” boxes with spout – great for picnics.

P6011599 The Tea Association of the USA has an interesting article on iced tea that you can read here.

 

 

 

 

 

6 comments:

Angela McRae said...

What fun info! I only learned about Arnold Palmers a few years ago, and it was because I was making Arnold Palmer cupcakes. That bottle is awfully cute! And I must try that Watermelon Mint Tea. That sounds delightful!

Val said...

The watermelon mint tea sounds quite lovely. I remember watching our relatives from the South once mix lemonade and tea together, wondering what in the world they were doing! Us Northeners don't drink a lot of iced tea, though it is on many menus.

Do you have any recommendations for how best to sweeten cold tea? I normally take a bit of raw sugar with my hot tea, and in general, I do like a bit of sweet.

parTea lady said...

Val,
Since the sugar won't disolve in iced tea, it is better to make a simple syrup. Just boil a couple of cups of water and add a cup of sugar. Stir till the sugar disolves and then cool. Use the syrup to sweeten your tea to taste.

Marilyn Miller said...

Happy National Iced Tea Month. Fascinating teas! I have alot of tea that I don't particularly enjoy hot, but somehow when summer comes I really enjoy them iced.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi there,
Thanks for stopping by. I have never tried iced green tea before. I usually use either Nestea iced tea or I make my own. Using a syrup is a great idea! It hasn't been warm enough here for iced tea but I'm hoping any day now we will get some warm weather. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Val said...

Thanks for the syrup idea...I'll have to try that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...