Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tea and Cross-stitch

Many people like to cross-stitch, but I’m not one of them.  I’d rather create with a sewing machine, pretty papers and stamps or even a paint brush.  Fortunately, I can still enjoy many wonderful tea theme cross-stitch pieces made by my hubby.  His work is beautiful.  One of my favorites is a teacup wreath design by the talented painter, Sandy Lynam Clough, that I asked him to stitch for me.

          P4070469

I love blue and white china and have these pieces in my dining room.  Don even made the cord trim for the little blue willow teapot ornament.

          P4030463       P4030459

He made an oriental teapot piece for a gift to give a co-worker, and of course I asked for one too. 

         P4070471

This one needs a nice bamboo wood frame.  It will be nice displayed with my tetsubin teapots.  Don has completed many wonderful pieces of cross-stitch over the years.  Sadly, many of them are in storage, since the cost of quality framing is prohibitive.  Every once in a while I get them out and admire each one myself, or sometimes I let my crafTea friends look at them. 

5 comments:

Marilyn Miller said...

Beautiful! How amazing to have a husband that will do those lovely pieces for you. Treasure him.

Steph said...

Wow - lovely! I'm like you, I don't like to cross-stitch, but I love to appreciate it!

Angela McRae said...

His work is absolutely beautiful! And as a former cross-stitcher I KNOW how much work is involved.

And I also have a request: I would love to hear about your tetsubin teapots some time! Thank you!

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

These are difinatly works of art! I would imagine you have these framed and displayed everywhere.
I'm always begging my husband to paint again. He hasn't had the desire since the loss of his parents.
I know inspiration will come to him in the most unexpected way and time.

Thanks for sharing such exquisite pieces.

Sweet wishes,
Sara

Rosemary said...

Your husband is quite talented! What beautiful cross-stitch. I love the wreath with the teacups.
Nancy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...