Friday, April 3, 2009

ONE Fabulous Teakettle

I’m not sure that I’m ready to give up my old faithful Russell Hobbs electric kettle, but the ONE kettle sure makes me give it some thought.  This electric kettle is the best one I’ve ever had (and there have been so many) and has lasted through at least five or six uses every day for the past several years.

P4030454

One day I was doing some research online and came across this design competition.

teaoff1

I think that this winning entry is fantastic.  This teakettle is designed to both boil and serve.  It looks so pretty when the heat brings out the blue pattern, signaling that the water is boiled (thermo chromic inks).  It has a heat activated magnetic trivet that attaches to the base only when the kettle is hot, so it can be placed directly on the table.

 one14

The neck of the kettle (doesn’t it look like a vase) is designed so that it doesn’t get hot and you can carry it.  The four designers (Dan Chung, Tony Ruth, Steve Abueva and Mike Serafin) did an awesome job.  I wonder how long it will be before I can get my hands on one of these kettles?  Check out www.tea-off.com and a blog post at www.mymodernmet.com/profiles/blogs/tea-off-the-kettle  The blog post has excellent photos of the inner workings of this innovative kettle. 

3 comments:

Angela McRae said...

Fascinating! I was reading along and thought wait, where's the kettle? What's the pretty vase doing here? Now I see!

Teresa's New Life said...

I see your reflection in the sliver pot- LOL!! The vase pots are amazing!

Teresa's New Life said...

I meant SILVER pot. I am the worlds worst typist.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...