Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Delightful Tea Calendar

It’s funny how you look forward to seeing how everyday little pleasures will unfold on your birthday.  I wondered what little bit of tea information would come to light today on my tea calendar and I wasn’t disappointed.  Today I learned something new about tea.

P3300443

Here’s the entry for April 9:

In 1700s London, tea was the major beverage served in coffee houses.  Exclusively for men, these coffee houses were termed “penny universities”.  For a penny, a man could buy a pot of tea and a newspaper while engaging in lively conversations with other men who shared his interests.

This is a lovely little calendar with watercolor paintings of teapots and cups on each page.  Makes me want to find my old watercolor paints and brushes and dabble in painting again.  I love how there is a strong magnetic back and it can be attached to my fridge – very convenient.  I’ll certainly be looking for the 2010 version as soon as next years calendars hit the stores.

2 comments:

Angela McRae said...

So ... today is your birthday? Well then I certainly hope it is a very, very happy one! And thanks for sharing about this calendar. I think this will be on my wish list for next year!

Bernideen's Tea Time Blog said...

I sold these calendars at my store and they were ahit! I put a link on my blog to your blog today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...