Sunday, January 5, 2014

Christmas “Tea” Gifts

IMG_0781

Isn’t it amazing how quickly the holidays come and go.  I received a new tea book and magazine (reviews to come) and three boxes of tea (two I haven’t tried).

IMG_0783I have been wanting some of this Taylors of Harrogate Tea Room Blend tea since a trip to Charleston in April 2007.

The pretty black and gold tin states on the back label:

“In India each tea garden has its own special blend, traditionally known as “bungalow tea”, which is served to visitors.  This inspired our blenders to create a Taylors signature tea, using top quality teas from India and Africa to give this blend a rich, full-bodied and deeply satisfying taste.”

A friend and I had afternoon tea at The Charleston Place Hotel where they served this blend.  It is a full flavored, robust black tea - perfect with a splash of milk.

Our tea at the hotel was served in The Thoroughbred Room.  The d├ęcor seemed masculine with dark wood paneling and an equestrian theme.  Full blown red roses on each table provided a feminine touch.  The traditional menu included egg salad, shrimp and cucumber sandwiches with cinnamon raisin scones and crumpets.  I wonder what taking tea at this hotel is like today, or if they still serve afternoon tea.   

 

   

2 comments:

Angela McRae said...

How fun to receive so many nice tea gifts! And you know, I do believe I had that Taylor's of Harrogate tea back when Holly Cottage Tea Room was open in Newnan!

Marilyn said...

Looking forward to your review of this book. I have had it on my Wish List for quite awhile, but don't usually buy tea books much anymore. This one I could be tempted with.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...