Thursday, June 2, 2011

DAVIDs TEA

It’s always nice to have some new tea on hand and I was delighted to receive these samples from Davids Tea

DSCF0223

The Coco Chai Rooibos, Forever Nuts and Read My Lips are company top sellers, or la crème de la crème as stated on the box.

DSCF0232

 Although I’m more of a classic black tea drinker, the ingredients in each of these blends makes them hard to resist.  The fragrance of each blend is wonderful – yummy nuts, chocolate and spices.

DSCF0227

I’ll start with the Coco Chai Rooibos.  I’ve always enjoyed Indian Spiced tea and this includes ginger and cardamom - a couple of favorite spices.

DSCF0231

This is a delicious blend, very mellow with none of the flavors overpowering the others.  I wondered about the red peppercorns, but they weren’t too noticeable, or spicy hot, like some chai.    The coconut flavor was just right.

DSCF0230

The Forever Nuts does have a lovely nutty smell and is a beautiful color in the cup.  The apple flavor really comes through in this blend.  I found that it needed a little longer steep than the Coco Chai.

DSCF0229Read My Lips looks pretty with its red peppercorns and red lips on the dark background.  The  chocolate mint aroma reminds me of a peppermint pattie candy.  It tastes as good as it smells, with the mint flavor in the starring role and a hint of sweetness.

Next time I’m in Toronto, I’ll be sure to visit their tea shop on Queen Street (their first store).  It was not there in 1995 when I moved from Toronto to Georgia.

This company has a permanent collection of over 100 teas.  They include Three Wishes, Himalayan Traveler’s Tea, Matcha Matsu, Long Life Oolong, Organic Pu’erh Ginger and Roasted Mate. 

David Segal’s dream is to bring the tea revolution to people across the country.  If the other blends are as delicious as the three I’ve tasted, I’m sure his dream will succeed.  

7 comments:

Marilyn Miller said...

They certainly look pretty!

Ginger said...

Thanks for bringing a new company to our attention. The teas look very pretty.

Finding Joy said...

I recently bought a chai chocolate and I make it with milk only in a saucepan. It is so nice. No peppercorn in mine though.

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

Davids is a regular stop for me at the mall - drinks to sample on site and purchasing by the cup also avlbl. my fave is 'The Earl's Garden'! mmmm ~ time to put the kettle on...

Angela McRae said...

I had never heard of this company, so thanks for the reviews. These sound so delicious!

Steph said...

They do look pretty! Love the red peppercorns.

Anonymous said...

I finally got to David's Tea the other day, and you reviewed two I really want to try, and one that I did - I love Forever Nuts - it reminds me of those mini doughnuts from the carnival- yum! I'm going to have to find my way back to try the other two you mentioned as well - they look delicious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...