Thursday, March 24, 2011

Tower of London Tea

DSCF0146

While visiting Harney & Sons to place an order for more Hot Cinnamon Spice tea (amazing how fast I go through 50 of these teabags), their Historic Royal Palaces tea collection caught my eye.

The website states that “Historic Royal Palaces is the independent charity that looks after the Tower of London, Hampton Court Palace, the Banqueting House, Kensington Palace and Kew Palace. Historic Royal Palaces helps everyone explore the story of how monarchs and people have shaped society, in some of the greatest palaces ever built.”

I’m not usually a fan of fruity blends, but this one is wonderful – the fragrance is outstanding.  It is a Chinese black tea blended with dried stone fruit, oil of bergamot and honey flavor.  On the pretty tin it states that the blend is reminiscent of Elizabethan preserves.

Historic Royal Palaces has a very fun and interesting website to visit.  There is so much history and intriguing stories and photos of the palaces and the monarchs and people who inhabited them, that once you start exploring this site it’s hard to stop.

 

5 comments:

Marilyn Miller said...

Thanks for the link. I will go exploring. I usually drink my tea straight, but occasionally I can be enticed to drink a blended tea. This sounds fascinating.

Linda Jennings said...

Thanks for sharing about this blend of tea!

Angela McRae said...

Thanks for sharing a review of this one, which is new to me!

Antiques And Teacups said...

How fun! The Tower of London blend sounds really good...I think I see an order coming on! Thanks for the link!
Ruth

Finding Joy said...

The Hot Cinnamon Spice tea sounds amazing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...