Saturday, March 12, 2011

Tea At Seven Springs

DSCF0127

We drove to Powder Springs with a couple of boxes full of books to trade at The Book Worm and had tea at Tea At Seven Springs.

DSCF0130

It has been a while since we’ve been to this tea room.  The owners have now opened their coffee shop next door, with a shared kitchen.

DSCF0126

DSCF0133

The interior of this cozy tea room looks just as we remembered it from the last visit.  There is quite an eclectic mix of furniture, china and accessories.

DSCF0134

Christian ordered the children’s tea, I had the light afternoon tea, and Don selected a ham & pineapple croissant sandwich plate.

DSCF0138

The chicken corn chowder was delicious and so was the chicken salad. 

DSCF0144

The light tea also included pasta salad, frozen fruit salad and a butterscotch almond scone. 

DSCF0140

My Panyang Congou tea was delicious and Don enjoyed his Caribe blend.  They are both sold by Harney & Sons.  The tea room gift shop also had Harney & Sons tea available for sale.  I was tempted by a tin of loose Hot Cinnamon Spice tea.

DSCF0136

It was a pleasant way to spend the afternoon.  I’ll have to tell you about my book trade.  I thinned my library by a few dozen books, but then I came home with several new ones.  I’m really happy with my autographed copy of the Deen Bros. “Y’All Come Eat” (signed by Paula and both the boys). 

There was a lovely idea for tea in the “Decorating With Collectibles & Heirlooms book that I picked up (I’ll share later).  I also added two more Company’s Coming volumes by Jean Pare to my cookbook collection.  One has a recipe for fairy cakes and blanc mange, which I recently read about in The Dark Road To Darjeeling.

Now I’ll start a new box of books to trade and look forward to another trip to Powder Springs sometime soon.

 

5 comments:

Finding Joy said...

Just love that tea shop, so pretty and cozy -my sort of place. I am like you, I thin out my books and then go out and buy more!

Marilyn Miller said...

I would love this outing with tea and books, two of my favorite things.

♥ Miss Tea said...

oooh i love visiting tea room that tea room looks so wonderful, love the photos and the food looks delicious! I'm your newest follower :)

Angela McRae said...

I've enjoyed Tea at Seven Springs before so I appreciate the update! And I had not thought of getting rid of some books by trading ... perfect!

Bernideen said...

Great tea room visit here - food looks yummy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...