Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Tea Tree

I finally got my little dining room tea tree up this morning and so close to Christmas.  I’ll just have to leave it up through January to have maximum enjoyment from it.  Some tea rooms I’ve been to have a Christmas tree display that is left up all year – now there’s a thought.

PC181118I do enjoy adding new ornaments each year.  My favorite addition this year was my little Wedgwood Jasper Ware teacup that I posted about earlier.

PC181110This little three tier stand with its plates of goodies is very cute.

PC181112Here is a cake stand with little dangling forks and spoons and a pretty plum pudding with whipped cream.

PC181113This tea trolley with the tiny teapot and Yule log is another favorite.

PC181116I have a couple of these earlier version Spode teapots and the matching teacup and saucer.

PC181117This is one of several pretty teacups that were purchased on a trip to Tennessee.  They were made to commemorate Old Country Roses Ruby Anniversary.  They came in several chintz patterns and colors. 

PC181111 I love this little china tray that holds a creamer and sugar bowl.

My tabletop tree should have room for lots more ornaments.  It’s always fun to find something new each year.  Now I think it’s time for a cup of tea and a sit down to relax and enjoy my tea tree.

 

 

8 comments:

Lisa said...

So adorable! I love the little tea food ornaments, they're just too cute! Thanks for the Background Fairy recommendation, I'm going to look into that.
Merry Christmas!
Lisa

Marlena said...

A truly charming tree with really nice ornaments. Indeed, leave it up. Christmas season doesn't end until Mardi Gras!

Marilyn Miller said...

I love your tea tree and have not seen most of your ornaments. I don't go searching for them, but they do come my way. I would love adding the sweet treats to go with the teapots and cups. Very cute!

Rosemary said...

How pretty! I love seeing the ornaments 'up close'! Your tree is beautiful.
Nancy

YourTeaLife said...

How adorable! I would leave the tree up. I love all the tea themed ornaments. You have quite a charming collection. I just purchased the tea trolley ornament this year. An early Christmas present to me.

Merry Christmas!

Linda Jennings said...

I love your Christmas Tea Tree. We have some of the same ornaments, but you also have many I have not seen before.

Angela McRae said...

Wow, I cannot believe you have so many tea ornaments! And most of these I've never seen before! I'm lusting over them ALL!!!! I realized this year I've got to get a bigger tree for my tea ornaments because I've run out of room and didn't even use them all. Plus, yours show up so prettily against that green tree!

Rhondi said...

Oh I love your tree and all the tea ornaments! I was born in Toronto, grew up in Scarboro then lived in Etobicoke and Mississauga when I got married. We moved to PA in 1994 and now we are in NC. I wonder if our paths ever crossed
Happy new year!
Hugs, Rhondi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...