Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Decorating and Snacks

I’ve been admiring lots of gorgeous Christmas decor on some of my favorite blogs.  Christmas is almost here and I’m struggling to finish my decorating.  It would be nice to have a little time to enjoy it before having to take it all down and pack it up for another year.

This morning the fireplace mantle was decked out for the holidays. 

PC161109I did notice that my star garland that I’ve used for several years is starting to look a little wilted.  It was fun to make the stars using lots of fabric scraps, beads and torn strips of muslin. 

PC161111   I think my favorite is a checked Debbie Mumm fabric with little teabags.

PC161112 I’d like to make a teapot garland to use next year.  Forget Christmas in July, judging by the way things are going this year,  I’d better get started in January.

My favorite snack helps keep my strength up for all these holiday activities.  It’s always great when the clementines start arriving from Spain in their little wooden crates.  PC151102 They are so sweet and juicy, easy to peel and seedless – you can’t beat that.PC151103Our family easily goes through several boxes before they go out of season.  I’ve been enjoying them with a handful of cashews au poivre.  No I don’t make these, they are Emerald brand sea salt & pepper cashews.

Do you have a favorite Christmastime snack and are you still decorating? 

 

6 comments:

Marilyn Miller said...

I love clementine's too. We have gone through one box. Ours are wrapped in plastic netting and sitting in a cardboard box though. I think yours would taste better in a real box. Yummmm!

I made my mother's peanut brittle recipe today and it is the first time it has turned out the way I remember. I can't stop eating it and that is not a good thing.

Steph said...

Mmmm! I need to get some clementines!

Teresa's New Life said...

REALLY like the stars on your garland & hope you do make the teapots next time- can't wait!
Yes, I am still decorting, too. Just got the dining room cleaned & all set up this morning, had the trees up for about 4 days now, getting ready to get on the living room this afternoon. Kitchen has been done for about a week I guess. Time just gets away!
Our favorite Christmas food is called Eggs Goldenrod. We have it every Christmas morning and have been doing it since our first Christmas together. My DH makes it for us every year. It's a white gravy with chopped cooked egg whites & pepper served over toast points sprinkled with cooked egg yolks on top!

Marlena said...

Clementines win, along with nuts in the shell. We always have "caffee mit schlag" coffee with whipped cream Christmas morning. No decor this year - destructive kittens, next year is anticipated.

Duchess of Tea said...

My darling I wish you and yours all the joy, love, hope, blessings, peace, laughter, miracles, good health and boundless wealth during this holiday season and always.

Love & Hugs
Duchess

Angela McRae said...

I love your garland (especially the teabag-print fabric!), and I also like your idea of doing a teapot garland next year. Can't wait to see it! And you've got me craving clementines now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...