Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Card Holder

One of the craft workshops at our ladies Holiday Hearts and Homes event this year was a cute Christmas card holder.  I usually stash all my cards in a basket on the coffee table, but that makes it harder to enjoy looking at them.  When I saw this fun project, I had to make one for myself.

It only takes a few simple supplies and is constructed around a wire tomato cage.  You clip the cards on with small binder clips.  The decoration on the top is a Christmas door knob hanger.

PC071081 It was quick and easy to put together.  I like that you can switch out the paper and use it to hold other cards, (birthday, anniversary, etc.)  or make a money tree for a fundraising event.

PC071082I think it is a unique way to display your cards so that everyone can enjoy them at a glance.

PC071083  Now I’d better get busy writing my cards, especially to my relatives and friends in the Great White North.  I believe the postal deadline for Christmas card delivery to Canada is tomorrow.

8 comments:

Lisa said...

What a terrific idea! I love using things that have known use in a completely different way, this is just perfect and so inexpensive but will have a great visual impact. Thanks for sharing, I think this is one more Xmas craft that I must add to my list this year!

Angela McRae said...

I love this idea! Your card display is lovely, and of course I am seriously coveting that great teapot quilt in the background!

Marilyn Miller said...

What a fun card holder. I never know quite how to display mine. I just throw them in an antique doll cradle and there they sit.

"Create Beauty" said...

Clever and Cute! Thanks for sharing! ~ Violet

aims said...

Drats - I just donated my tomato plant holders!

Great idea....really!

Celestial Charms said...

Such a great idea. Just lovely.
Maureen

Duchess of Tea said...

What a clever little stand. You know come to think of it, I say a similar stand in a charity shop last week and I couldn't figure out what it was, now I am wondering may be that was a card stand also...small world.

Have a lovely weekend my darling.

Love & Hugs
Duhcess

YourTeaLife said...

What a clever idea! This is a wonderful way to enjoy those beautiful Christmas cards that I always put in a Christmas basket. I'm on my way to retrieve a tomato cage from my potting shed. Thanks so much.

Love the teapot quilt in the background.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...