Saturday, May 9, 2009

Tea Theme Quilting

Recently, I received a gift of fabric from a friend wanting to encourage me to start quilting again. It is a gorgeous pattern with a black background and blue and white china and floral cups and saucers. She thoughtfully included a simple quilt pattern as well. We chose two coordinating fabrics (deep blue and salmon) at a quilt shop. I found another yard of fabric (a Mary Engelbreit pattern with tiny teapots on a black background) in my stash. Pam offered to help me cut out the pieces for my quilt, which we did in less than three hours. This time frame also included a lot of piecing that I did on her sewing machine, while she pinned and pressed. I came home with a large portion of my quilt completed.



I now have six rows completed and sewn together. My next step will be a trip to the quilt shop to buy fabric for the borders. I'm considering a black print that I could use for the borders, back and binding. I found this whole process much easier and more enjoyable with the help of an accomplished quilting friend.




3 comments:

Steph said...

Oh, it's great! Fantastic fabrics!

I am starting my first-ever quilt, a very simple strip one. I'm a little nervous!

Angela McRae said...

That is an amazing amount of work -- wow! I need a "Pam" in my life to help me get motivated. I just last night finished a crocheted baby blanket I had promised for a friend to give as a gift, so now I am eager to get back to working with fabric again!

Marilyn Miller said...

A tea quilt is alot of fun. Enjoy!
I have been asked to design and make a pattern with a tea theme; so it looks like I will be working on something quilt and tea themed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...