Friday, May 8, 2009

The Berries Are Back

Don't you just love the availability of fresh local berries at this time of year. I really miss my organic granola with fresh berries for breakfast during the fall and winter. It is just not the same buying berries imported from Chile or some other country. I have been buying Florida blueberries for the past few weeks and now the strawberries are ready at my local pick your own farms here in my area of Georgia.


The June 2009 issue of Martha Steward Living has a nice page (From My Home To Yours) that features a recipe for Blueberry Buttermilk Scones and they look delectable. I will be spending a little time later today making these, my favorite kind of scones.


Another great thing about blueberries is their superfood status. They are packed with antioxidants and are known as brain food. I like to use berries in all kinds of recipes, especially salads and deserts.




3 comments:

Angela McRae said...

Brain food? Then I think I need to add these to my grocery cart tonight! (Especially on a sluggish Monday when my brain is feeling a little slow!)

the lovely pumpkin patch said...

That photo looks delicious. And yes, indeed, summer is an exciting time for food in general, but especially for breakfast items.

Joanna said...

Oh yummy! I love love LOVE blueberries! I used to pick them as a Summer job as a teenager and I think I ate more than I kept lol!

And also, thanks for visiting my blog and your nice comment:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...