Tuesday, October 29, 2013

National Oatmeal Day

Every day is oatmeal day for me during the fall and winter.  I happen to really like it and that’s a good thing since it is said to reduce cholesterol.  My Doctor even told me that “he’d kill for a cholesterol level like mine”, so maybe it works!  ☺

dreamstime_xs_15791212 

Apple-Cinnamon Tea Oatmeal 

For one serving:

3 pinches of ground tea leaves (any kind you like)

1 tablespoon chopped almonds

1/4 cup of chopped apples

ground cinnamon

Prepare the oatmeal as per package directions.  Add the dry tea and top with the almonds and apples.  Dust with cinnamon.

This recipe is from the book “The Ultimate Tea Diet” by Mark Ukra.  You can check it out here.

2 comments:

Marilyn Miller said...

My husband love oatmeal every morning. I should too, but just haven't gotten in the habit.

Angela McRae said...

Mmm ... this sounds like something good to try!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...