Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Shopping in Senoia, GA

Some of you may recall a post I did last November describing my visit to The Southern Living Idea House.  During our visit, Lynn and I deposited ballots (that I had printed online) to win gift certificates from several Senoia merchants.  I was quite surprised when she called me with the news that she was the winner and wanted to share this windfall with me.

DSCF0712

We decided to include our hubbies and have a days outing in Senoia.  It is a charming little town with a lovely historic downtown area with lots of interesting shops and restaurants.  After enjoying lunch at Founders Restaurant, it was time to get down to some serious shopping.

I did come home with some great items including an antique box with a mirrored lid, lavender scented soap, tea towels, a decorative birdhouse, luscious strawberry rhubarb jam and peach cobbler, gourmet artisan chocolates from Oh Chocolate, ribbon candle from Table Talk and a necklace and earring set from Gypsy.

DSCF0714

There was a good selection of downtown Senoia merchants who participated in the Southern Living giveaway.  We stopped in at Maguire’s Irish Pub (one of the three restaurants who donated gift certificates) for some refreshment before heading home.

DSCF0717

It seemed rather odd to me that with a prize package worth hundreds of dollars, Southern Living magazine did not take photos of Lynn to be included on the Idea House website.  I know that when I take the time to enter a particular contest, I’m curious to see who won the prize.

ribbon candles

If you ever have an opportunity to visit Senoia, GA, I think you’ll find it a pleasant experience. 

And if you didn’t get a chance to visit the Idea House in Senoia, GA, Southern Living has already broken ground for their 59th Idea House in Fontanel, near Downtown Nashville, TN. 

4 comments:

Antiques And Teacups said...

What a wonderful win. I have never been close enough to an idea house to visit, more's the pity. So glad you shared your treasures!
Ruth

Angela McRae said...

Wow, what a fun win! Those look like some wonderful treats!

Marilyn Miller said...

How fun to be a winner! Nice gifts.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...