Saturday, April 9, 2011

Birthday Dinner Panna Cotta

It was a fun family get together for my birthday this year.  My hubby looked after all the preparations while I was out caring for my grandbaby.  He did a super job too.   

He grilled burgers and smoked sausage.  The sides were Ground Beef and Baked Beans Casserole from Y’All Come Eat cookbook by the Deen Brothers, mac and cheese, and Arugula Mushroom Salad with Macadamia Nuts from a Publix Apron’s recipe.  On top of all that, Don even prepared a chocolate birthday cake with chocolate icing. 

Impressive yes, but wait till you see the extra special dessert he surprised me with.

P4092656

I’d been craving some panna cotta since our cruise last year.  It was one of my favorite desserts on board.  I was thrilled that he made some for me, and it was even better in the shape of a teapot.  It was delicious and creamy (I love Ricotta cheese).

There were also flowers, cards, gifts and lots of laughter served up with this memorable birthday meal. 

6 comments:

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

"Happy Birthday to You"!!! This was SO Sweet of your Hubby! I have never had Panna Cotta... Would you share the recipe, it looks DELICIOUS!!!
Have a wonderful weekend,
Hugs To You,
Donna

Finding Joy said...

Happy birthday, what a delicious meal you had. I have never had Panna Cotta, it looks nice, maybe I ought t give it a go. What a clever husband you have.

Have a wonderful week.

Sue said...

What a very sweet thing your husband did for your birthday celebration. What a feast!
~ Sue

Joy said...

Happy Birthday!

Marilyn Miller said...

What a special birthday dinner and panna cotta too! Wow! I am impressed. I asked my husband for a cake, but he bought ice cream and strawberries. Happy Birthday to you, enjoy your birthday month.

Angela McRae said...

Well, Happy Birthday to you, my friend! I am impressed at the effort your hubby put into your birthday dinner, and that panna cotta in the teapot shape ... WOW!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...