Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Vintage Teacups Clock

I’m always clearing out magazines to make room for new issues.  Of course, I leaf through them to see if there are any pictures or articles that need to be clipped before passing them along.  Look what I found in a Country Living magazine from 2008.

P2161212Isn’t this a fabulous wall clock?   It is a large piece (5” x 30” diameter) featuring vintage teacups.  Since it was a limited edition of 500, you will probably only find it on resale sites.  This was part of the U+ Design Collection from Umbra.  They have some other very interesting clocks, such as one made with men’s neckties. 

Wouldn’t it be great to fashion a similar piece, perhaps with a lightweight tabletop as a base.  I’m not sure that I’d want to use vintage cups, unless they had slight cracks or small chips that wouldn’t affect their use in this wall art.

It would certainly make an impressive focal point on a large dining or breakfast room wall and I think it would make me feel delighted every time I saw it.

4 comments:

Marilyn Miller said...

I know what you mean about not wanting to use vintage cups, but it definitely would be impressive. It would have to be a special wall just for it. Clever though!

Angela McRae said...

Oh, heavens yes, I would smile every time I saw such a thing greeting me on my wall! And like you, I wouldn't want to use my best teacups, but the "shabby" ones would be perfect!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Wow! That is a very impressive clock! I've thought about making a tea cup wreath with some old tea cups and saucers, but have never seen this idea!

Katherine

Linda Jennings said...

Wow!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...