Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Avengers: Sunday For Tea

What fun to come across this video of The  Avengers series.  I remember enjoying this show in the 60’s.  Diana Rigg as Emma Peel was such an attractive woman and I loved seeing all her avant-garde outfits.  Patrick Macnee as John Steed was always dashing in his bowler hat.  Back then I never noticed how often they enjoyed tea during their adventures.  The song by Peter and Gordon that accompanies this video is quite cute.  You might remember their hits A World Without Love and I Go To Pieces.

4 comments:

Steph said...

Oh, that's great great great!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip. I've added the song "Sunday for Tea" to my tea music collection. I didn't get this version but another band was available in MP3 doing a similar one. That was the innocent 60s and it's a joy to listen to. --Teaternity

Angela McRae said...

Now THAT was cool! A real kindred spirit must have done this!

Marilyn Miller said...

Loved watching The Avenger when I was much younger too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...