Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland

It’s been many years since I last read this book by Lewis Carroll. 

P7170725

This particular book is from the Dalmatian Press Great Classics for Children series.  Of course I turned to Chapter Seven first to read A Mad Tea Party.

P7170726 

Most of the illustrations are pen and ink drawings by Jason Alexander.

P7170728

This Mad Hatter looks more bemused than mad. 

P7170729

P7170730

This is a cute illustration of the Dormouse.

Too bad I can’t interest my grandsons in this book, but there are many classics more suited to the tastes of rough and tumble boys.

5 comments:

Teresa's New Life said...

You know I never liked Alice in Wonderland. I think because as a child I saw the movie and frankly it scared me!

Angela McRae said...

I like these drawings, and his "style" reminds me of a local illustrator I know. Nice!

Marilyn Miller said...

I especially love the Dormouse. I recently read the Disney version of Alice in Wonderland. I am getting ready to do a Mad Hatters party in December.

Lisa said...

Try photocopying the pictures and having the boys color them. Maybe that will inspire them to read it, or maybe you all could read it together, out loud whenever you are together? Just a thought...

:)

parTea lady said...

Hootie, making coloring pages for the boys is a great idea. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...