Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Ladies Afternoon Tea


This was the first afternoon tea that I have attended for quite some time.  It was such a lovely and traditional event.  There were pretty table settings, cucumber sandwiches, scones with lemon curd and cream and much more.  






Since I arrived early as usual (it's a curse, lol), some of the tea food was not yet plated.  The three tier tray later held an assortment of mini cheesecakes.  The chicken salad sandwiches were delicious, as was the pimento cheese.  There were digestive biscuits, which I haven't had in years, and an assortment of scones and cookies. 



This was my place setting.  One of the ladies had an extensive collection of teacups that she had inherited, so each setting was different.  There was a fresh flower at each place and a scroll with the teacup story.  Each one had a teabag and a tiny cup and saucer tied on with ribbon.  



The tea selection included chai with cardamom and ginger, blueberry tea, and peach tea, as well as lemonade and other cold drinks for the non tea drinkers. 


The video presentation by Joyce Meyer was on overcoming fear and anxiety.  Seemed like it was just what I needed to hear, since I struggle with a driving phobia.  

It was certainly a pleasant way to spend an afternoon with some lovely ladies.  


 










  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am inspired!
Extremely useful info specially the ultimate part :) I deal with such info much.

I used to be looking for this particular info for a long time.
Thanks and best of luck.

Blue Jeans And Teacups said...

Looks like a lovely day.
~heather elizabeth

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...