Tuesday, July 1, 2014

National Ice Cream Month

In 1984, President Ronald Reagan designated July as National Ice Cream Month. He recognized ice cream as a fun and nutritious food that is enjoyed by a full 90 percent of the nation's population.  President Reagan called for all people of the United States to observe these events with "appropriate ceremonies and activities."


Ice cream is not a treat that I indulge in very often, but I would like to try making homemade tea flavor ice cream.  This recipe for chai ice cream from The Daily Tea sounds delicious.

Since I now have some Matcha  green tea powder that I received from The Republic of Tea, I can try making Matcha ice cream.  This video shows the simple preparation with a link to the recipe at Just One Cookbook.

Earl Grey Ice Cream

Earl Grey Ice Cream sounds good.

Have any of you tried making ice cream with your favorite tea?  


Marilyn said...

I keep thinking I want to make matcha ice cream, but need to get some matcha. Hope you are enjoying some today.

Angela McRae said...

I have not made ice cream with tea but I am certainly willing to give it a try!

Rosemary said...

We love ice cream around here - every month of the year! I had 'rose' ice cream once, but haven't made any tea flavored ice creams. Although, I made a 'garlic' sorbet for our garlic dinner a few years ago! That was unusual.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...