Saturday, January 21, 2012

Calendar Holder

P1213728 - Copy

I’ve been buying the Collectible Teapot and Tea Calendar for many years.  It’s my favorite calendar.  The problem is, I don’t like to write in this one.

P1213729

So, I waited until Books-A-Million reduced their 2012 calendars to half price and picked up this one to hang in my kitchen.

Shortly after that my sewing friends at Sewing Seeds Quilting Bee told me that they were going to make a patchwork calendar holder – perfect.

P1213732

I chose some fabric from my stash and made this.

P1213728

Unfortunately, the front pocket was too narrow to hold my Paula Deen calendar, so it was back to Books-A-Million to purchase this smaller one from The Old Farmer’s Almanac.

P1213733

The holder features a clear pocket for a photo and a pen holder sleeve, perfect for my Slick Writer.  The pattern was from the October/November 2008 issue of Country Woman magazine.

Since there is another full length pocket on the back to insert cardboard for stability, I didn’t include a hanging sleeve.  Now I’m looking for a nice metal hanger with clips. 

 

3 comments:

Bernideen said...

OOOps...did that comment vanish? I meant to leave one saying your holder is very nice!

Beth Rang said...

What a cute idea! I love that it has a place for your pen.

Angela McRae said...

I love this idea! Useful and pretty too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...