Friday, October 22, 2010

A Moment With Melanie

Last Saturday I had the privilege of joining some friends for our monthly meeting and luncheon at the beautiful home of one very talented lady.  Melanie McClelland is an artist and baker extraordinaire. 

It was a lovely day, so we headed outside to a patio to enjoy our refreshments.  Melanie had placed four large round concrete tables, with matching benches, along the length of the patio.  Here’s where it gets interesting.  Three of the tabletops had wonderful mosaic designs that she had handcrafted herself. 

The first one has a lot of blue and white in a pretty and casual design. 

PA162168

This one has a wonderful flower type design.  I love all that brown with the blue and white. 

PA162169

This last one is a cheerful radiating sun pattern.

PA162170

Whatever motif Melanie chooses for the last table, it is sure to be great.

It was so much fun to tour her home where each room had special hand painted walls in a variety of colors and patterns.  You could see her style and artists touch everywhere.  I was excited to find two china cabinets packed full of miniature tea sets (a kindred spirit). 

You can see her fabulous made to order cakes and confectionary by visiting her website “Melanie’s Moments” here.    And let me tell you – they are delicious.

4 comments:

Angela McRae said...

What gorgeous tables! And I believe you have shared the link to her cakes with me before, so it was fun to check in and see the newest creations. Her work is fabulous!

PeregrineBlue said...

Oh my goodness, what craftsmanship. I can't imagine how many pieces of china have to be smashed in order for this to be created. Thank you so much for always stopping by to comment on my posts. It keeps us in touch.

Latane Barton said...

I know you must have enjoyed your visit on the patio. That lady has some beautiful tables.

Marilyn Miller said...

They are gorgeous! I would love tables like those for my yard. Lovely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...