Thursday, January 28, 2010

Measuring Spoons and New Tea

There is nothing like a tea theme gift from a friend to brighten your day.  This set of measuring spoons is so cute.

P1271205

Each measure has a different pattern on the teapot and tea cup.

 P1271201

I like the way the metal is shaped to look like steam is swirling out of the teapot.  Thanks Joyce for such a thoughtful tea gift.

There was a new (to me) kind of tea at Marshalls today and even better, it was on the clearance table.

P1281207

Vykasa Zanzibar flavor tea is not a familiar brand, but it sounded like a special green tea blend with raspberry, rose hip, black currant and blue mallow with passion fruit.  It comes in a nice tin with an inner lid to keep it airtight.

P1281208 The tea is packed in pyramid shaped silken bags with lots of room for the tea leaves to expand.

P1281209

P1281212

It had a lovely fragrance and gentle flavor with no bitterness.  I  first noticed a slight tartness , followed by sweetness – very soothing.  I’m pleased to have found another green tea that I like, since my goal is to drink less black tea and much more of the green.  To see other Vykasa teas and products go here.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

*gasp*! I could die! Those are the cutest little spoons I've ever seen! I sooo want some.

Marilyn Miller said...

Yes, cute spoons and great find on the tea.

Jocelyne said...

Those spoons are adorable! Is it rude to ask where she got them? Thanks for sharing.

Teresa's New Life said...

Love LOVE luv!!!!! The spoons. Great gift.
Glad your tea turned ut to be a good one. One great thing about getting the teas at these discount stores, if they're no good at least we didn't pay much! LOL!

Angela McRae said...

I LOVE the new measuring spoons! They are beautiful! (And now I need to leave to go to my nearest Marshall's store...)

Linda Jennings said...

i love these measuring spoons. What a great gift for a tea lover! My friend, Mary, gave me a set for my birthday a couple of years ago.

Lisa said...

Adorable! How did I miss this posting of yours? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...